If you made it here to THE NIGHT FEED blog on MY DAMN CHANNEL even once before, then you've likely made it into more than one of the 9 circles below.
HAPPY 09! The sun is coming up & as we get ready to race around it again with you - here are nods & promises:
To Our Families & Friends:
The work is impossible without your support & meaningless without your love.
To Our Artists:
To those who've been with us, those who remain, & those about to join My Damn Channel in 09...we built this ship for you: a studio, a network, a syndicator & a cash-creator like no other. Freedom reigns - red tape disappears & you're in the driver's seat to reach as large an audience as you can - and to reap the rewards you deserve. We worship your ability to make people smile, dance & think.
To Our Fans:
Thank you for finding us, for spreading our url and our videos - but most importantly - thank you for setting the bar as high as you like. The stats don't lie and we're ready for another 365-day lesson about what you want and what's not worth shit.
We built the site going against the grain where a zillion others put a few needles inside a humungous haystack. Here, we bring you a smaller number of better web series. But there's enough of you coming now on a daily basis to grab more help from sponsors - so you'll get MORE series to watch.
We trust you to keep attacking us with what's right & what's horribly wrong. You know how to find us.
To Our Advertisers:
We found you an experienced and skilled new leader in Suhaila Suhimi. In the first days of 09, we're ready to unveil our new plans. We're going to give you the opportunity to get inside new series with major talent. And we're also ready to co-create more branded entertainment that delivers high-quality, affordable, effective results.
To Our Backers:
Others have fallen trying in 08. They raised too much (or too little), they over-promised, under-delivered, and crashed. Thank you for believing that we could sign pro talent, build big audience, and win the trust of major advertisers to bring us to break-even at break-neck pace. We've proven that our model works, now we prove that it scales.
To Our Syndication partners:
You've given us the promotion and the placement we needed to prove that our videos deliver for your audiences. To potential new partners, we'll continue to offer the best original music & comedy and ask just two things in return: significant promotion and a straight-up rev deal.
To Our Competitors:
Respect to every runner out there who is brave enough to enter the race. There's room for more than a few winners. And there's room for some of the smarter teams to run together.
To Our Staff & Every Human creating My Damn Channel 24/7:
We're a small group of determined punks proving that you don't need a thousand execs to screw in a light bulb. Your brilliance is blinding. Your dedication is inspiring. We're winning the game inside the worst economic crisis of our time because of YOU. You make it fun to get out of bed every morning. 09 will be an even bigger blast for all of us.
Last Friday we held another Council of Co-Cons virtual meeting.
The few, the proud, the heavy users gathered to say THIS:
- Find Donnie Hoyle & Bring Back You Suck at Photoshop
- Get our User Profiles Kicked Up Mucho Notches
- Think about the first 'Damn' Dramatic Series
- Make all the SHARE features easier to find (right now they're all under the video player on every page)
More items will be added (when i find my NOTES) - but now here's a public service announcement.....WITH GUITAR:
BECOME A MY DAMN CHANNEL MEMBER OF THE COUNCIL of CO-CONS. WIN free cheese pizza. GET INVITES to upcoming My Damn Channel EVENTS, PARTIES, TAPINGS. We will promise.....& DELIVER.
EMAILS TO: Maria@MyDamnChannel.com
The second official, unofficial meeting of the My Damn Channel Council of Co-Cons will be called to order once again 5/15/08.
Returning members and new victims win free cheese pizzas in exchange for unfiltered, unrelenting feedback in a virtual meeting with the My Damn Channel team on what's good/bad/ugly about our site, artists, videos, ads, body odor, and more.
Details will be reported here. If you're interested in becoming a co-con email Maria@MyDamnChannel.com
Posted in Council of Co-Cons
with tags My Damn Channel
on 4/28/2008 6:41:00 AM by Rob Barnett
We just completed the first, unofficial, official, virtual meeting of the newly-formed COUNCIL OF CO-CONS.
Thank yous to our first victims: Miss Malevolent, ZehnKatzen, Jason Elliot, Ryan Hunter.
Maria Diokno from My Damn Channel is reaching out to a rotating group of humanoids who've contributed to the building of our baby so far with comments, feedback, emails, video uploads, hate mail n' flowers.
As we head past our first 21 million views into phase 2 of DAMN - we're recommitting to opening up more access, control, and LIVE interaction into your heads and hands.
Feedback from Friday:
- overall site navigation scored as high as 9 on the 10 scale, but one neg called it a "shrinking violet" ? have to revisit the notes to ponder?
- Home Page scorecard gets a 7.5 on the 10 scale with requests for a bit more about WHO WE ARE & WHAT WE DO to be added for the uninitiated
- this Blog (The Night Feed) & the Damn, News items are lost to many since they sit at the bottom of the home page, better placement needed & their text makes them look like google ads
- predictable mega great grades for YSAP & for the brand new Big Fat Brain series: SNATCHBUCKLER's SECOND CHANCE
- surprisingly good grades for the new experimental home page feature: DAILY GRACE from Grace Helbig....they like you! they really like you! - cautions for us not to overproduce or muck it up were heard
- lower grades for Andy Milonakis....hey Andy: the peops want MORE !
- suggestions went round a bit about a 'point system' for 'super-users' (more later)
- DEMAND FOR BETTER BRANDED USER PROFILES
- asks for more 'behind the scenes' with our artists/channels & a PRIVATE PHOTOSHOP LESSON WITH DONNIE HOYLE if he ever comes back
- more later> THANKS as well to My Damn Channel humans: Paul Gallagher, Kim Brannon, Brad O'Farrell for making this happen
- Commercialus Interruptus gets pretty good grades with most able to swallow the new Google Adsense for Video for its relevance to the video you're watching & for your ease at swatting away the flies for good with just one X off the ad.
- these lower third ads scored better than pre-roll - of course - but some are open to the reality of bringing in a few bucks this way - IF - the pre-rolls are no longer than :15 - and - if there's a frequency cap so the same damn ad doesn't keep returning during the same visit to our site
- email Maria@MyDamnChannel.com if you wanna be a future CO-CON